Many people are struggling with procrastination. This is one of the most common issues that people contact me with. And shortly into our conversation, people discover that procrastination is just a symptom. The root cause of their behavior is the fear of failure or fear of rejection.
Unfortunately, many people have no idea that that’s what it is. This is such a common fear that millions of people deal with it. They are masking the issue behind the common word: Procrastination. The good news: no one was born with procrastination or fear of failure. This is a learned and acquired behavior. As you were able to learn it, you will be able to unlearn it.
What You Can Do to Stop Procrastinating
- So the first step to overcoming procrastination is to understand the real issue behind it. Oftentimes, the awareness itself can be curative enough.
- The next step is to realize that your fear of failure is there because of your interpretation of failure. The minute you will assign a different meaning to not achieving something, you will drop your fear. If you don’t recognize failure as failure, then there is no fear. The same thing goes for rejection: You need to understand that you can only be rejected if you reject yourself. Your reality is your interpretation of this event.
- Your mind doesn’t know the difference, unless something is life-threatening, between fear and excitement. Change what you are saying to yourself. Your language shapes your reality. Change your language – change your life. People often say: Fake it till you make it”. I prefer a different version of it: “Faith it till you make it.” 🙂
- Additionally, people are procrastinating when they are overwhelmed by the task that needs to be done. They often describe it as “heavy weight on their shoulders.” And it turns out to be that this task is just too big, and they are fearful of not being able to accomplish it. After we break it down in smaller actionable steps, fear goes away.
- Always remember to reward yourself and celebrate your wins. As that pushes you towards accomplishing more.
To Schedule Your Free Clarity Session click below: